KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a zanussi ZWG1120m washing machine. I am getting

Hi I have a zanussi ZWG1120m washing machine. I am getting water leakage at the base of the tub. It looks like the tub seal might be gone
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front, 11 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only a few days. I've opened the pipes underneath and removed a lot of plastic debris
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can chip off plastic grey looking material between both parts of the tub

Good afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If it is leaking from the door then yes door seal will need replacement.

Are you willing to carry out replacement yourself ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's not leaking form the door, the leak is from between the two parts of the tub. I can do the replacement
I am getting a lot of grey plastic debris in the drainage
tubing.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can send a photo

OK sure, please attach an image.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the send to load Images/Photos/Pictures.

You have to write a word in the message box like "Pic 1" then choose only one picture then send, as it will not let you do several at once.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry Kevin, my mistake it's not where the two tub parts meet, it's closer to the front. I'll send a photo

OK, no problem.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I got a lot of grey plastic material, like you see in the image, in the drain pipe

Thank you for the images.

Just trying to check how you have attached them as its bit confusing.

Please provide its PNC number (starts with 9...)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I clicked the blue image to the right.

Please check this IMAGE

Where is the leak coming from, can you tell me the part number from this image ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That looks like a different machine. The weight on top only has two holes in my machine. It would be some section of part 3 in your diagram. I can send another image.

That is the drum assembly for the model number and PNC number that you provided.

Part#3 is the front tub shell and part#5 is the door seal.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's like a grey plastic fused seal in the front section of the front tub shell. It cracks off.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
my machine is a ZWG1120m
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (3SSZLLZ)

Yes, correct and the image I have attached is for the same model.

I believe the the door seal is causing this issue and will need replacement.

However, shell tube may cause this issue as well but from the images that you provided it looks like door seal.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
part no(###) ###-####is it

Yes that is correct part number for the door seal.

If you want to replace it yourself this VIDEO will give you an idea on how it is done.

Alternatively, you may contact Zanussi and book a fixed price repair.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful evening.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks Kevin, where do you think all the plastic bits came from

I think from the shell tube.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanks kevin

I am glad, I could help.

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Are you online Kevin

Yes, how can I help ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yesterday you figured out that it was the door seal that was leaking. I did some checking and I see the problem. The bearing looks to be damaged. The drum spins off centre and it's melting and grinding the part of the front tub cover it's hitting. It's cut a hole in the tub cover and that's where the water is leaking out. I'll send a couple of photos
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (1QMMLTP)

Ah okay sometimes its difficult virtually to know everything.

To be honest if bearing is damaged and tub cover has a hole then it may be a good option to buy a new appliance then to spend £300 on repairs.

OK yes it has caused a kind of split in the cover.

The tub and bearing both will need replacement, that is the reason you got those plastic bits coming from.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Looks like it alright, it was melting the plastic while spinning. I looked at the spares website, there's a front and back bearing and a bearing cover. I don't see the front tub cover for my machine. I'd also need a seal too for between the tub covers. Can you check the availability. Might all be a bit expensive and cheaper to buy a new one.

Yes, the parts are available.

The bearings will cost around £20 + the price of tub £184 + repair charges.

Due to time taken in repairs the cost of repair will be more then new appliance hence, it is better to buy new one then to spend this amount on repairs.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Kevin, I'm in Ireland and I couldn't find the parts here, would you know if the tub is available here.

Mate, if you want to repair it then please contact Zanussi and get a fixed price repair from them, see if they can provide a good offer to you.

In Ireland they should be able to supply the parts.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thanks kevin

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers