Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

The drawer of my washing machine keeps filling up with water

Customer Question

Hi the drawer of my washing machine keeps filling up with water after every wash, is there anything you could help me do, please
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: It is front loading and it is 6 months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About two weeks, I have checked the filters and the drawer, also the hose and the pipe are not blocked
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything I'd fine except that
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Will the drawer also be filled with water if you switch off the device?
It may be that the solenoid valve has become leaky and the water cannot turn off.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No it does not fill with water when its turned off and it only fills with water in the middle part where you put the softener
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

If the water collects in the middle area then the drawer is blocked. Normally it should flow through as far as water is filled in. Please clean your detergent drawer thoroughly with hot water.
If necessary, remove the drawer and leave it in a bucket of hot water for at least 30-60 minutes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have cleaned it out and have tested if water goes through it and it does
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

If you have cleaned it and the water flows through but the water does not flow through the appliance, it may be that your machine is not level. There can be no other reason. Either the detergent drawer is not continuous or the machine is at an angle.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok l will try that thank you for your help
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Please good luck