Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a issue with a my dishwasher. Hobart hx30/40, the

Customer Question

i have a issue with a my dishwasher.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Hobart hx30/40
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hobart dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the unit with do one wash and then the next wash cuts out and light flash. i have to turn off then turn on and start again. the issue has been getting worse over the past few weeks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i feel the rinse is cycle is getting shorter.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hobart hx40/40
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
have replace washtank element
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 8 days ago.

Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer  this sounds like a seepage into the base that is setting of the anti flood after  you start the 2nd wash    if you can switch off  pullnit out and tip it back and  water will come out   or if there is a removable front  plate remove it and see if there is any water

Regards darran

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi darren no water inside the unit. the unit even move to fault mode when idle. last month we did replace the pressure tank thing in the wash basin.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are you asking to tip the whole unit back.

OK guys  tell me exactly  what's happening

From the moment you press start   whats happening

Does the door latch lock and can you hear it

Then does it fill

Does nit then start washing

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the unit is a slid through unit.
when we turn it on its starts to fill and will go in to fault mode the clock and another light will flash.
we then turn it off and re start the fill cycle. it then will complete the fill. and at the end again it will go in to fault mode.we then turn it of and turn it to wash cycle it will wash and rinse and the second wash will stop and fault mode.
we then turn it off and the ok for a bit. if we have no washes for it and the unit is open i mean the hood is up. it sits idle. it will in time move to fault mode.i have removed the front panel not water visible on a small build up of chemical which has turned to crystal and crumbles off on the piston pump not the pump with a turning this in it.like i said we changed the the pressure thing a few months back as it had failed.
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 7 days ago.

Guys sounds again like a pressure fault  either the sensor  or the Reed switch  sensor    it can also be from what your describing can be  the wash motor faulty