Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I purchased a Hobbs kettle (model number 20460 )within the

Customer Question

Hi Madam/Sir, I purchased a Russell Hobbs kettle (model number 20460 )within the last 2/3 years and have been very satisfied with its performance.Unfortunately within the last week the spring that opens the lid for filling has stopped working and to refill the kettle you must hold the lid open (with kitchen cutlery) while filling.
JA: What's the brand and model of your kettle?
Customer: I have already given the model number, it’s 20460
JA: How long has this been going on with your kettle? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It only started very recently, I thought the spring may have slipped out of the gruve that it’s seated in but I feel that a little ‘spud’ that holds the spring in place has broken off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 2 questions .1.would the appliance be covered by warranty? and if not is there any hope of a ‘good will’ gesture to replace the appliance or alternatively to replace the lid ? that’s assuming I could refit the lid
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 16 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Thank you for your question. Please be aware that JustAnswer is an online only technical assistance service, and we don't provide products or spare parts.

Unfortunately this kettle has only a two year guarantee, so you would need to return it for repair. Given its retail price, this is unlikely to be cost-effective in the long term. I'm sorry that this isn't the news that you wanted.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.