KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a Bosch Avantixx 6 washing machine and have F18

We have a Bosch Avantixx 6 washing machine and have F18 error code. My husband has tried to look at it - checked filter / pipes / pump etc, but no joy. It just washes, not drains away to then spin. Any advice please?
JA: What happened just before your Bosch washer displayed this message?
Customer: I'm not sure, it was on a programme and then it started to 'beep'. We have had things caught in the filter before when it has not drained the water out, but never the actual error code nor the beeps.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened on Saturday, not able to use now. I have already explained what my husband has tried?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - just how we might be able to fix it please? Is it a new pump for example?

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
WAE28366GB/23 FD 9008 601658

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

F18 is drain fault.

As you have already checked the drain hose that connects to house drain and pump filter is clean, please try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then remove the top off the appliance and locate the pressure switch with thin hose attached to it.

Now, remove this hose and blow through it, make sure it is not clogged.

Then with the top off the appliance, locate the hoses going into dispenser and clean them completely.

Now lay the machine against the wall or let someone hold it for you and access the black sump hose that connects drain pump to the drum.

Remove this hose from pump and make sure it is not clogged, clean it completely.

After you have cleaned everything then reconnect and plug it back, problem should be solved.

Please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i think this is what my husband tried @ the weekend. I will copy your reply and share it with him for him to review in the evening.

That should solve the issue however, if same error message appears again then I am afraid the drain pump is faulty and will need replacement.

The pump is available for £61 + repair charges, to order the part please "click here".

If you want to replace it yourself, this "video" will give you an idea on how the replacement is done.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.