James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought a van platinum carpet cleaner and am very pleased

Customer Question

I bought a van platinum carpet cleaner and am very pleased with its performance but find it difficult to clean thoroughly. I remove the parts as advised, but the main ‘fluff’ remains in the clear plastic section fixed to the machine which is very difficult to access. How can I reach it?
JA: What's the brand and model of your carpet cleaner? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a Vax model ECB1SPV1 and I bought it from ***** ***** about 18 months ago.
JA: How long has this been going on with your carpet cleaner? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did remove the brush bar etc. Once but didn’t feel I should have to do this every time as it takes so long! I’ve only used the machine 3 times ( including today) but the same build up has occurred each time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

The platinum cleaner range have a removable suction funnel which I assume your seeing fluff stuck in it, this can be rinsed under the sink and if that doesn’t clear it leave it soaking in water and then it should flush and debris out.

You may also find the website here of use, as it gives some good cleaning tips

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have cleaned the removable funnel but the fluff is caught in the clear plastic guard which does not remove easily (as shown in attached photo) that is what I need help with.