Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just bought S/H Fridge Freezer Model FFUQ2013 which was full

Customer Question

Just bought S/H Fridge Freezer Model FFUQ2013 which was full working prior to collecting
JA: Who makes your fridge?
Customer: Have just bought S/H Hotpoint Fridge Freezer model FFUQ2013 which was witnessed working fine prior to collection. Having plugged in the freezer compartment is down in the area of -20C but the refrigerator section is showing alarm status with no cold air coming into it as though the fan is working. Is this a coincidental problem?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its a fridge freezer. Overnight
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I told you all, ask me what you want to know.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh one thing, I did need to swap the doors hinges from one side to the other. not that that should make any difference.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Having to go out for a couple of hours, won't always be available on my mobile until I get back.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Am I likely to get an answer today?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If you swapped the door over then this can cause the fault as the magnet in there may have fallen out.

Open the door and look on the inside at the top and pull the plastic trim off.

look on the back and you will see the magnets, Check these havent falllen.

Then refit the trim and retry it and see what happens from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I guess this is behind the grey plastic trim where the cable connector to the front control panel is. Can you approximate where along the width it should be situated. Have checked there isn’t one there now.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have to talk to my son who did the work. If I can’t find the magnet will have to get a new one. Perhaps you can answer the questions I asked you. I don’t know where you are but it is 9:30 in the evening here. Will be back on the case tomorrow.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If it becomes necessary will swap to a phone call
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.
There’s normally a part on the back of the cover the magnet sits on. If you can post a picture of the back of the trim I can mark on there where it should be.