Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a new Beko gas cooker, bought through Argos. The gas

Customer Question

I have a new Beko gas cooker, bought through Argos. The gas fitter came on 4 June to install it. He almost completed the job but then found that a small but crucial part is faulty. It is a connector to connect the pipe from the main cooker to the eyelevel grill. It has been milled at one end but not at the other. This meant that it was impossible to connect the two pipes and therefore to connect the cooker to the gas.
JA: Do you know the model of your Beko appliance?
Customer: KA52NEW
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The cooker cannot be connected. There is nothing that can be done with the faulty part.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I need to know where I can send the part to have it replaced.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Your first port of call is the retailer who sold you the product with the faulty part. They might try to palm off the problem to the manufacturer, but it's not the manufacturer's problem. Personally I would say, nicely and politely, that if they don't provide the correct part then you'll return the entire appliance for replacement, or refund. It's your statutory right to do that.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.