James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an old Canon Unit 600 De-Luxe Oven and hob. The

Customer Question

I have an old Canon Unit 600 De-Luxe Oven and hob. The solenoid for the oven gas feed is faulty and no spares could be found. It seems that I may need to get a replacement unit because repair seems uneconomic. If so, I hope I can get one that fits into the space provided. Can you advise on repair or replacement?.
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: As I said. It's a Canon Unit 600 De-Luxe Oven and Hob. About 1982
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened. An engineer just called and diagnosed the problem with the gas-feed and solenoid to the oven. Hob works fine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can the faulty part be replaced or can we fit a new unit into the space available.?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will await the new apppliance technician's e.mail.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, sorry to hear your having issues with your cooker.

As its a gas appliance it would need a gas safe engineer to attend, however imagine the previous engineer was unable to source the part, on checking it does suggest the part is obsolete.

The 600 range of cookers would suggest its 60cm, but would be worth measuring it to be sure, once you have the dimensions you can source a replacement here.