Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

By Beko fridge freezer CXFD5104S I am concerned the freezer

Customer Question

Hello by Beko fridge freezer CXFD5104S I am concerned the freezer is broken as the bottom drawer is not freezing correctly and my ice creams have melted? Any ideas?
JA: How old is your Beko fridge?
Customer: I don't know as it was in my apartment when I moved in 2 years ago
JA: The Appliance Technician can walk you through this; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've noticed it in the last few days. I've tried removing some contents from the freezer, checking the fan isn't obstructed, checking the back of the freezer to see if any obvious dirt/faults, tried running hand round door seal to see if air escaping
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If its the bottom drawer not freezing up then it may be a blocked evaporator with ice.

If you can empty the freezer and remove the plastic panel in the back.

Behind there you will see the evaporator unit. If this is all iced up then use a hairdyer and melt all the ice.

Then refit the cover and see how it goes from there.

But if you dont fancy doing this then try a 24 hour defrost and see how it goes from there.

As this can cure the fault you have here.