Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I tilted my freezer to fit a dolly below it, for about 10

I tilted my freezer to fit a dolly below it, for about 10 seconds, now it’s not making any noise at all, I’m worried I broke it!
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Russell Hobbs small chest freezer, it’s about 15 months old
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the last few hours, turned it off for 30 mins and back on again.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

This can be for various reasons. It may be that the power supply has a problem. However, it is also possible that the compressor has failed. If you switch the power on again after 30 minutes, you don't hear a sound or you don't hear anything starting? Is the light shining inside?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Erdal. The freezer appears to be completely silent. The green power light is on and sometimes the red ‘run’ light comes on but it’s not making the noises it usually makes since I tilted it. I’ve read that perhaps oil and refrigerant might have got mixed up in the compressor? Trouble is it has bee turned on all this time and may have clogged things up.

That is correct. If you have shaken and tilted the unit, the coolant may not be able to circulate. I would recommend that you leave the unit switched off for 6-12 hours to allow the coolant to completely sink to the bottom. After that, it will be ready for new operation.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. I’ll do that. The food inside should be ok for a while I’m sure. Thanks for your help. Here’s hoping it’s better in the morning. Have a good evening.

Please I wish you the best of luck and success in doing so. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thumbs up!

Good luck.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi there. As per your advice, I turned the freezer off and on after 12 hours and it seems to be working normally. Thanks for your help.

Great, I'm glad you made it. I hope it doesn't cause any more problems. I am glad that the high technician costs have been saved. You can always write me a message again if you need my help. I am always at your disposal.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks. Have a great weekend.

Thanks you too