Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My ex wife bought hoover h wizard dishwasher, it is taking 3

My ex wife bought hoover h wizard dishwasher, it is taking 3 hrs to wash then the dishes and plates come out wet and greasy,
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: It 6 weeks old, it's a Hover h-dish 300
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried various settings and I believe it won't function at all on one of the settings, from the start it always seems to take a long time to even do a short wash, it's the second machine she has had, the first one didn't even work, the engineer came out tested it and said the control panel Wass faulty, so it was swapp3.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

The very first thing to check is that the dishwasher is draining correctly and that there's no backwash of dirty water. Did the installer ensure that the route of the drain hose is correct? There are lots of ways to do it wrong, and not many ways to do it right.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your reply, I installed it for her and will go around tomorrow to check on the waste, I believe it should be OK, but will double check that it is not blocked, we both moved into Parkhomes and Tina's had been empty for over 12 months, so I will check and get back to you,
Many thanks Dave

Hi Dave, is the drain hose routed to a sink trap spigot, or does it drain into a separate standpipe?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I cannot get around to her parkhome until sometime tomorrow to check, thanks for the offer but I will have to wait until Tina is available,
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ps a sink trap spigot

There's no rush - this topic will stay open.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The sink is draining OK as far as I know.

Pay special attention to the need for the drain hose to rise to the height of the top of the dishwasher, before falling back down and connecting to the trap spigot.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thanks I will check, many thanks Dave

I'll await your news :-)

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Extremely helpful and some very good advice, I do need to check out on the advice tomorrow or Friday, but definitely c
Can't fault the service,

Thank you for your kind words. I might not be at my desk when you post on Friday, but I'll respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No worries, will let you know the outcome, thanks Dave

I'll await your news :-)