KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

It sounds like there is something stuck in the dishwasher

It sounds like there is something stuck in the dishwasher drain pump. How can I access it off and empty it?
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Beko DW686 4years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only heard the noise yesterday when I switch it on. I have checked the basket / filter but they are clean and empty noise is coming from drain pump.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is it.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

So when you turn it on, the drain pump keeps on running or you hear any sound when you select a program ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When I start program drain pump start to work but making a noise like something is inside.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks can you talk me through messages
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hello, are you still there?

OK, please try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select empty program on its hottest setting and see if you still get the sound.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to unplug it and pull it out.

Then lay it on its back ...

That message was automated and I am happy to help via chat.

However, please understand it takes time to check the schematics and then type the answer.

Then lay it on its back ... and access the drain pump from underneath.

You can twist and remove the pump then clean it, check the sump and hoses attached to it.

After this is done, reconnect everything and then try a empty program again on its hottest setting.

It should now work, I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks I understand, I just wanted to know if there was an easier way to access the drain pump without having to pull it out and tip it over. Is there anyway to get it off via a service door like washing machines?

No, I am afraid it has to be pulled out to access the drain pump.

However, as it is integrated you may try this:

You may unplug it and remove the plinth (base panel below the door) of the appliance.

You will see a metal cover, remove this to access the base of the appliance.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers