KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Beko upright freezer is frosting up around the internal

My Beko upright freezer is frosting up around the internal vents at the top of the compartment.
JA: Do you know the model of your Beko freezer? How old is it?
Customer: The model is TFF577APW (or it could be TFF877APW) and it will be a bit over 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has been happening fo some time. It was repaired undef guarantee. After that it happened agin within 9 months. Beko said the the repair guarantee had exxpired. I have just been clearing the frost away by hand.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.