Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a Neff U1422WOGB/10. The main oven selector switch

I have a Neff U1422WOGB/10. The main oven selector switch indicator lamp is still dimly lit when the switch is in the off position.
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and approx 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only since 2 days so far not tried to resolve other than checking that oven temperature control is working fine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I believe either the actual switch or thermostat may be to problem , I can not think of anything else other than top oven works fine , that is on separate switch/thermostat

Good Day

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

this lamp shows that the stove is in operation and when it has cooled down it should normally go out. If it does not go out then it could be that the thermostat or the temperature sensor is defective. Does it light up even after 4-6 hours?

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the light is dimly lit at all times

This is just an indicator so that you can see that the oven is working or that the oven is hot. If it is dimly lit, then the temperature sensor or the thermostat responsible for this light is defective. Is your stove still working? Do you have problems with the heating?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The oven works fine when cooking normally, the thermostat trips out as normal. The indicator is dimly lit even when the oven has not been used for more than 24hours
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The oven worked fine with the indicator lamp off when oven switched off for many years

Okay, as written, then either the thermostat or the temperature sensor for this lamp is no longer in order. It is up to you whether you want to have it repaired or not. Do you want to repair it yourself? Then I can send you the necessary spare part as a link where you can order it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would like to repair myself , so please send a link to the parts. You are then confident that the selector switch is not at fault

I can only give it to you according to my wife's suggestions. I can't give him a 100% suggestion without a professional inspection. The most common reason is when the thermostat for the lighting is malfunctioning. It is also possible that the switch is also malfunctioning and does not interrupt the circuit for this thermostat.

Most often the thermostat is not in order. It is up to him if you want to start with the thermostat to replace.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s fine I will try the thermostat first

Here is the controller with the thermostat.

https://www.neff-home.com/uk/shop-productlist/00499005

How is the link with the selector switch for the setting or the regulator for the oven?

https://www.neff-home.com/uk/shop-productlist/00602727

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Please I wish you the best of luck and success in doing so. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk