KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My AEG fridge freezer is making starnge whirring noises and

my AEG fridge freezer is making starnge whirring noises and there is always water collecting under the salad boxes and dripping to the floor. I've cleared the drain channel
JA: How old is your AEG fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: It seems more frquent having turned it up a notch. The freezer isn;r getting cold enough to keep ice cream solid
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I turned it off and defrosted it for 2 days. i turned it upside down (someone recommedned this!) I poured hot water and bleach down tje tube going from the drain to the tray at the back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the fridge gets very cold eventually but the freezer less so

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates an issue with the defrost drain tube.

If this tube is blocked or if it freezes the water will drip/leak.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours. Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to unplug it and then remove the rear off the appliance.

The tube is located under the evaporator on the drain pan in the compartment next to the compressor.

Thaw the drain tube, you may use hair dryer or pour warm water in the tube, and ensure it is not clogged/blocked.

Also, clean the drain pan to resolve the issue.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful evening.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have already tried these things. I emptied the fridge and left it for 48 hours until all the ice build up had melted in the freezer and cleaned the evaporator tray and the drain tube. It didn't cure the problem and water still collects at the bottom of the fridge and is pulled out with the drawers

OK then I am afraid the fan motor and/or thermostat is faulty and will need replacement.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is this very expensive? ie. is it worth repair
ing?

The cost of repair will be around £150 including repair charges.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
do you recommend service engineers ?

You may contact AEG and book fixed price repair which will cover costs and repairs.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks for the advice

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers