Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a la decisa coffee machine. The pump filter seems not

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a la decisa coffee machine. The pump filter seems not to be working. The machine makes a hiss / wolf noise and then the pump pumps
JA: What's the brand and model of your coffee maker? How old is it?
Customer: haggis la decisa bought 3 months ago
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just started . I have turned the pump on/ off. And turned the machine on / off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just that it worked fine until this morning. The machine still works but there’s a lot of noise (wolf sound) and the pump seems to be constantly working
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I took off the pump and it works ok by itself
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I took the filter out and water is flowing through it ok
So the issue must be in the machine?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 21 days ago.

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 18 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the Coffee machine to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the Coffee machine, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew