Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

There is a short circuit and the washing machine stopped

Customer Question

There is a short circuit and the washing machine stopped working we have checked the fuse box of the house and reset it, we have plugged and unplugged the machine
JA: How old is your washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: It’s less than a year old yes, it was working this morning as I was as able to wash some coloured clothes
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else it was perfectly working for 2 months
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 23 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the washer to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the washer, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The fuse of the plug looks fine and is white, not burnt black

Does the main fuse board trip?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
We have reset main fuseboard

Great but does it contiune to trip?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
The model is Zanussi ZWT71201WA
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Is there a technician available for next week?

Sorry, does it contiune to trip?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It’s working now, it’s the fuse from the main plug
Customer: replied 23 days ago.

I'm pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!