Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My neff hood extractor is not powering, not even the lights,

Customer Question

My neff hood extractor is not powering , not even the lights
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Neff e-nr d 8990 no gb
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i think it s 10 yrs old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All good in the fuse board
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 20 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the extractor to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the extractor, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Where is the fuse located ?

Inside the plug.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I dont see the plug of the extractor

You will need to locate where the wire runs to, usually, they are connected to a power plug

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Fuse is not inside the extractor ?

No the fuse is located inside of the Plug which connected to the wall power socket.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is it the fuse ? It says Osram i think it s from the lights not the hood

This seems to be wired directly to the mains, I would recommend first referring to the fuse box and checking if anything has tripped. If you nothing has tripped, I would recommend you contact a local Eletrcian to visit and have a look into whether this is a wiring problem or has the extractor blown out.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I think the extractor blown out

Either way, you will need a electrician if it needs replacing so I would recommend him checking first.