Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Trying to change a valve in a Franke Filterflow Corinthian

Customer Question

trying to change a valve in a Franke Filterflow Corinthian tap. the valve in the tap is screwed into "shield" of some sort. can't seem to be able to remove it. any advice?
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet? How old is it?
Customer: it's a Franke Filterflow Corinthian. We bought it new 4 years ago
JA: What have you tried so far with your faucet?
Customer: I have removed the valve from the tap mechanism
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 21 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Find the grippiest rubber glove that you have available - like a washing up glove. Make sure it's thoroughly dry, and grip the chrome shroud tightly and turn it anticlockwise while rapping it with the handle of a screwdriver. The rapping should be enough of an impact to release the shroud and get it turning.

If this doesn't answer your question, please come back to me.

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.