Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Pressed the central switch on my B45C52.3GB oven went bang

Customer Question

Pressed the central switch on my B45C52.3GB oven went bang and won’t come on. Main fuse still intact. Any idea what the problem is
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric, 8 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the once this lunch time. I’ve checked the electrics to the socket that feeds the hob, that is okay, I’ve also turned off the fuses manually and reset.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I’ve just tried again and everything is dead
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 20 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the oven to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the oven, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The oven is hard wired into a cooker switch, there is nothing else going into this switch

Can you share a image?