Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

Hot Point fridge/freezer FFFL1810 Replacing control PC &

Hot Point fridge/freezer FFFL1810 Replacing control PC & program with smart card via reader & inter face lead's,Can you advise me on connecting to P/C which edge connector to use & if i have to disconnect one on edge of p/c.( Am a service engineer & have used this on hotpoint/indesit tumble dryers o/k/ adapter using is Boo255979 ) Please can you HELP & if so Many Thanks. PS not a great lover of there products ,I would think Whirlpool regret taking on all there problems ,Having personally Modified 41 tumble dryers at different locations !!! + high price of parts. £100 just for this part !!! Hope You can help as no tec back up from them.??
JA: What's the brand and model of your refrigerator? How old is it?
Customer: HOTPOINT FFFL1810 FRIDGE FREEZER APPROX 3 YEARS.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have replaced control P/C board, about to use correct SMART card to DOWN LOAD soft ware via CARD READER in conjunction with inter face lead's, which plug on edge connector of new panell ? as only 2 SPARE ,Can you tell me if i have to remove J013 EDGE connector on r/h side of panel as this seems to be only one to connect to during soft ware down load. ( ps have used this combination successfully on Hot Point Tumble dryers with similar procedure & Lay out on panel.Hot Point no help at all !! no TEC BACK up !!Pease Can you help, Thank you .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thank You for your reply, NO I hope you can help as laid out £115 for P/C & SMART card.Normally work on other domestic washer /dryers so know all about Hotpoint problems ( Hot Point / " SORE POINT !! ) Very expensive to repair !!

Hi there I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refridgeration engineer  OK your correct the smart reader is needed by there are 2 different adaptors the high end for washers and dryers etc  and the low end adaptor for fridges I suspect you only have the one adaptor

The port is usually 1 bottom just of compressor or behind the cover on top panel

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Darran Wilkins, ref soft ware install Hotpoint FFFL1810 fridge/frezzer Ihad to disconnect JO13 edge connecter lead's & connect adapter / smart reader in place. ( extrem rgt/hand side of pc board ) " a problem shared is a problem solved " !! Many Thanks Colin Cole.