Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Built-in two oven, fan and cookers stopped heating, clock

Customer Question

Built-in two oven, fan and cookers stopped heating, clock stayed on. Next morning both ovens working fine. Is there a safety device when oven becomes too hot, or what?
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and old!
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only happened yesterday for the first time. I'm a neighbour and was called in to attempt to help but decided to wait until today to go further with the surprise result that it has re'set itself, or so it seems. I would like to be able to re-assure the lady that it will now stay OK or suggest a cure for further disruptions.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm in my mid-eighties but used to be in the electrical trade 20 + yrs ago.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 20 days ago.

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

It is possible that the thermal fuse has been triggered because the device has worked incorrectly or has become too hot. But it can also be that the control board has worked incorrectly. It is very difficult and complicated to make precise decisions remotely. Are the devices now working without any problems? As I said, the control board can cause such an error.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The cookers are now both working as normal. Does the thermal fuse re-set itself after cooling down, and would it be sensible to replace it I can get the part ?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 20 days ago.

Thermal fuse is located in the control board. You would have to replace the entire control board. I would recommend that you continue to use the unit as it is. If it no longer works at all, you can have it replaced. The control board is not a cheap one right now.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please answer the last question and that will be enough, Danke, Erdal
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 20 days ago.

I just sent him a message already. I don't understand what you mean. Here is the same message again:

Thermal fuse is located in the control board. You would have to replace the entire control board. I would recommend that you continue to use the unit as it is. If it no longer works at all, you can have it replaced. The control board is not a cheap component.