James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hoover HDO909x- I changed the main over element but didn’t

Customer Question

Hoover HDO909x- I changed the main over element but didn’t label the 5 spade connectors to the back of it. Can you send a photo of how it should connect
JA: How old is your Hoover appliance?
Customer: 2014- so about 7 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the element burnt out last week and Installed new element yesterday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No- I just need to know what colour wire connects to what element spade
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (Q475M2L)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
There are 5 spade connectors here to the rear of the main oven element, but what spade connector goes to which colour wire??
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Anything forthcoming??
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 21 days ago.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 19 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please continue to search for solution
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
As this is a budget oven and you do not have the wiring diagram you will need to test each wire out using a multi meter to determine which is live depending on the position of the function selector switch.

Once you have worked out which are switched lives you can then fit them on the left hand side of the appropriate element.

Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don’t have a multi metre, really all I need is a photograph of the wiring configuration to the rear of the main ovens element
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

You would need to request a service manual for your oven, but if you do not have a multi meter you're not equipped to perform the repair as you can not test it sufficiently to satisfy the requirements of your house insurance for checking high energy appliance electrice fire risk.