Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Dyson V10 Animal, 3 yrs old. filter and bin clean but

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Dyson V10 Animal, 3 yrs old. filter and bin clean but obstruction light on and motor pulses. Cannot see any obstruction. should I dismantle the vortex unit?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only the last day or two. have tried spare filter but same result.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am a retired engineer so have tools available.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Normally such an error can happen when the device is no longer running smoothly. It may be that the floor nozzle, hose or the one in front or that is missing below is no longer good. Thoroughly clean all parts and the filter must also be washed once with water and left to dry for at least 24 hours.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Have done all that. No visible obstruction in attachments, bin or filter. Should I start unscrewing the vortex unit?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Just need sufficient advice to get me on the right path, please.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

If you have cleaned the unit really thoroughly and it still doesn't work, then either your filter is no longer running very well or the battery is no longer in order. Can you tell me how old the unit is? And how old is the filter? Here is a detailed video instruction on how to clean the unit. If you have cleaned it the same way and it still doesn't work, then you have a problem with your battery or filter.

https://youtu.be/A9e_hsbE1qo

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The filter has been cleaned and I have a spare filter which I have also tried. Same result. The appliance is 3 years old.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

If the unit pulsates, it is still clogged somewhere or the battery is defective. If you say it is not clogged and it is clean, then unfortunately you have to replace the battery. But please check your floor nozzle again. This error happens when the floor nozzle is not free to move.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have viewed the video. Thank you. the fault is there even if no attachment is present. So it looks as if I should remove those 3 screws as seen in the video. If that does not solve the problem, I guess, as you say, it needs a new battery. Is there anything else I should know about it?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

No, not really. If you do all this and have no success, then unfortunately you will have to replace the battery.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
OK, Erdal. Thanks for your help. Brian.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

Please and I wish you very good luck and success in doing so. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk