Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a motorhome with a 3 way Thetford fridge/freezer

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a motorhome with a 3 way Thetford fridge/freezer however it will only run on hook-up 240v, it won't run on battery or gas. I have replaced 2 fuses but is there a 3rd behind the outer vent and if so where and what type?
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Thetford fridge and is 2.5yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I noticed the issue on Wednesday, I have replaced both the F2 and F4 fuses but still the same issue
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have tried the switching off, selecting the different modes both through Gas and Vehicle but still flashes red and flashing display
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is***** will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolved it quickly.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Mace
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

I have here a complete manual its show its full operations,diagram.Please click the link below.Somehow it helps shows the fuse value.

https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/OM_N314N414N514_636587C_20151118.pdf

Hope it helps.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is a photo of the display panel on my fridge which differs from the guide you’d sent through
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (P5L3S6V)
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for the picture.Please can I have the exact model of your fridge.Thank you

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

If you encounter error 3,please check the gas bottle if it is empty or the valve is shutt-off.

If you can't connect to battery,make sure the engine is running and check 12V fuse in the fuse box of your motorhome.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
These have been checked Mace and of course the engine was running when tried. I initially asked in my query if there was a 3rd fuse within the outside vent, I have already replaced 2 of the inner fuses.
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Please can you give me the exact model of your fridge so that I can check here in the diagram.Thank you.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 18 days ago.

Try to watched this video.But In doing this you must have a experience in disassemble and use of mulitmeter. There's also a fuse inside the control board. I suggest to look for a experience technician.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwCmsGte3Y