Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have an old Bosch built in coffee maker. TKN68E. It works

Customer Question

I have an old Bosch built in coffee maker. TKN68E. It works perfectly but I cannot remember the last time it asked me to go through the descale function. Should I be concerned
JA: How old is your Bosch coffee maker?
Customer: 12 years old I think
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A long while. I’ve checked the manual and pressed the programme button associated with this but it does not start the descale process
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so. Thanks
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 20 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No Thank you re additional £16

I have investigated the information you have provided us today in your question and understand you are concerned your coffee machine has not prompted to descale in a while, I would recommend that you should descale the unit once every two months and if you have not done one in the last two months, I would recommend to do so. Please see the information I have attached below that details the descaling process. 

• Fill the water chamber halfway with white vinegar, and then top it off with water. Set the carafe in place and start a brew cycle. Halfway through, turn off the coffee maker and let it sit for one hour. (If you descale your coffee machine regularly, you may be able to skip the rest period.)

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I’m not sure this is specific enough for this machine. It is a bean to cup machine and if a start a brew cycle it will grind beans and place them in the chamber to brew. Are you familiar with this type of Bosch built in machine?

I am and you can use the details I mentioned before to descale the machine.

Andrew