Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have been trying to get an engineer to come out to "fix"

Customer Question

I have been trying to get an engineer to come out to "fix" my hotpoint fridge/freezer since mid July with no luck. I have phoned, emailed and even written to ***** information that I have had to listen to re covid, other ways to book a repair in duplicate etc then to be told you are too busy is just ludicrous. There is no customer service but you take my money monthly. The freezer sounds like racing drivers reeving up before a race. This can last for an hour or more day and night and can be heard upstairs through 2 shut doors. My neighbour has even commented on it. It really is beyond a joke. I am 74 and my husband is 75 and is not in the best of health. Is it possible that someone here can help. I am at the end of my tether with this.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint fridge?
Customer: Model no is 85237 and my plan no is F180080732.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hotpoint refrigerator?
Customer: I have had 2 engineers out to this machine but the problem is still not fixed.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If you can phone me now you will hear what I am having to listen to day and night. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my plan as I do not feel I am getting the service I have been paying for years. I really need someone who knows what they are doing to call and either fix or condem this monster.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

I'm really very sorry, but I can only give you online suggestions on how to fix it yourself if you want to. But if you have an insurance or a guarantee then you really have to call and ask again that a fitter comes out and repairs it. I have absolutely no influence on such appointments and fitters. I can advise you online how to fix it yourself. If the device is very loud it can be caused by the fan or the compressor. Either the fan is defective so that it can still be connected somewhere or the bearing is defective. Or the compressor is very outdated or difficult to work with so that it causes a lot of noise.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your reply but I really NEED an engineer to call and either repair or condem this fridge/freezer. I pay monthly for this cover but just feelDomestic and General are making it impossible to arrange a call out either by phone or email. They say Customer Service but where is it???? if someone call now they will hear what my husband and I are having to put up with.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

I can only give you the repair department service number. You can call them again and point out that two people have already been there and still haven't repaired it. I would also recommend that you tell them immediately that you are not satisfied. Here is the free service number you can call:

0800(###) ###-####/p>