Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

We received our Samsung RZ32M71257F Tall Freezer on Friday.

Customer Question

Dear sir,

We received our Samsung RZ32M71257F Tall Freezer on Friday. However since Monday it has stopped freezing as it doesn’t go lower than -2 degrees Celsius. We spoke with the helpline and tried to restart the freezer, but nothing seems to work. As we already stocked the freezer, we urgently need someone to come and fix it. We look forward to a quick response.

Smadar XXXX

XXXXXX
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: Our freezer isn’t working as it doesn’t freeze any lower than -2 degrees
JA: How long have you had your RZ32M71257F?
Customer: Since Friday afternoon
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: we tried undoing the control lock, manually lowing the temperature, and also disconnecting then reconnecting the freezer from the power socket
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the Fridge to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the Fridge , reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew