KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an Indesit oven - no idea of the model number- which

Customer Question

I have an Indesit oven - no idea of the model number- which is about 6 years old. It has been giving good service up to a week ago, when it just cut out a few minutes after switching on.
JA: Is your Indesit oven gas or electric?
Customer: electric, fan oven
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started last saturday. I've been trying to contact a local engineer, but they are either a silly price or not interested
JA: Anything else you want the Contractor to know before I connect you?
Customer: when the oven goes off, it trips the earth switch on my main control board
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 17 days ago.

Good day,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

When the oven trips it is always due to the heating element that is faulty and will need replacement.

Are you willing to carry out replacement yourself ?

The cost of repair will be around £50 + repair charges for element replacement.

Alternatively, you may contact Indesit at***********to book repair.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful evening.