Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a CAPLE downdraft hood that is not working. the power

Customer Question

hi there, i have a CAPLE downdraft hood that is not working. the power is connected and the fuse is OK but it does not turn on or show any lights, any idea what the issue could be? thanks
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the unit to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the unit, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hey, thanks, ***** ***** have done this and still not working

When was it working last?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ive just moved in and its never worked since ive been here

I see, do you see any error codes or any flashing lights?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
no lights at all im afraid
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hqve a feeling it could be dead

It very much sounds like the unit is faulty.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
got it, thanks!

Thank you for using Justanswer.co.uk, I wish you all the best.