Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

MACHINE STOPPED, RED LOCK SYMBOL SHOWING, HOTPOINT 8KG

Customer Question

MACHINE STOPPED, RED LOCK SYMBOL SHOWING
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: HOTPOINT 8KG CANNOT RECALL NUMBER
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ITS MY NIECES MACHINE, DOOR LATCH WAS OFF , I PUT IT RIGHT ,I WORK ON MACHINES MANY YEARS AGO. NO JOY. ORDER NEW LOCK AND FITTED STILL NO JOY
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO SOUND COMING FROM MACHINE. COULD IT BE ON/OFF SWITCH
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 20 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.  My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years.  I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want.  I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

There can be different causes if you have such errors.  It is possible that you have activated a lock here.  It is possible that the control board does not react.  I come up and leave the door lock unresponsive.  Can you first describe to me which symbols and LEDs you see as soon as you switch it on?  You can attach photos below the right side of the text box with attachments.  That way I could help you more effectively.
Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions.  I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal