KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a CDA integrated dishwasher that was in our house

Customer Question

Hi. I have a CDA integrated dishwasher that was in our house when we moved. Yesterday it was showing a solid red End light and refusing to start a new programme. Now there are no lights at all, so no fault display, but if I press and hold either the power button or the programme button there is an unexpected noise and water does seem to be sprayed out of the nozzles on the spinning arms. But still no cycle or fault codes. I downloaded the instructions, model WC140IN.
JA: What happened just before your dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: There isn't really a message as such, besides the solid End light that isn't there anymore
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since yesterday. It completed a cycle and normal but hasn't been able to start one since Filter is clean
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just want to know if it's likely to exceed the cost of a new machine in repair costs :')
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device or the control board is faulty.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the power board.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.