Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have an oldish home fridge freezer, the drip tray is

Customer Question

I have an oldish home king fridge freezer, the drip tray is attached with screws which I’m reluctant to remove! can I clean it through the drip hole inside the fridge?
JA: Do you know the model of your KING fridge? How old is it?
Customer: It’s model HF276W HF276SL
JA: How long has this been going on with your KING refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve noticed a smell recently so been having a look today I’ve cleaned the drip hole with some antibacterial spray
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just after some advice on the drip tray as i think that’s where the smell is coming from
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have shared with me today and understand you have a slight water leak but don't wish to remove any screws to detach the tray. I cant see it being a problem if you do just to give the unit a clean, if you feel you are uncomfortable doing so, I also don't see it being a problem if you clean around it.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew