KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch fridge freezer (Classix). It has given good

I have a Bosch fridge freezer (Classix). It has given good service but now it has started leaking water into the main cabinet and freezing too much in the middle drawer.I would like to know if it can be mended and, if so, how much it would cost
JA: It's just a small, refundable fee for a 7-day JustAnswer trial. After that, it's a small monthly membership fee. Is your Bosch fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward? How old is it?
Customer: Not how much this service of yours costs but how much it would coast to repair the fridge. I think it’s about 15 years old and it is standing level with the ground
JA: What have you tried so far with your Bosch refrigerator?
Customer: Giving it a bit of a shake, this works but only for a little while
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It’s possible that dust has accumulated over the heat exchanger. It’s difficult to access the back for cleaning purposes

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

This indicates an issue with the defrost drain tube.

If this tube is blocked or if it freezes the water will drip/leak.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours. Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to unplug it and then remove the rear off the appliance.

The tube is located under the evaporator on the drain pan in the compartment next to the compressor.

Thaw the drain tube, you may use hair dryer or pour warm water in the tube, and ensure it is not clogged/blocked.

Also, clean the drain pan to resolve the issue.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks , I will do as you suggest

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers