KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Al my numbers on my dial have disappeared I have a

Al my numbers on my dial have disappeared I have a photograph but I cannot send it
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: it a hotpoint but I cannot see the model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it been happening for a while the machine is 4 years old I think it is A++ 9kg . Then above that is Smart
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It a Smart tech

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry but I was working from home and an emergency came up. I was saying all my numbers on my dial have worn off. My model is a Hotpoint WMFUG 942 9kg load .4 years old

No problem.

Thank you for the model number.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks that’s okay

There are two options: either you can write the numbers manually or click here to buy a new dial.

If everything from top of fascia is rubbed off then click here to buy a new fascia panel.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful evening.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will have a look and get back to you. Thank you for your help though

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is fantastic I will order either the dial or whole panel just waiting for my husband Kevin to take a look. I cannot thank you enough for your help and information.

You are very welcome.

Thank you again for visiting Justanswer UK.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Does the dial and panel come in white? And will it have instructions ?

Sorry, for that you will have to check with Ransom-spares as this part was not available with Hotpoint and on few other websites.

If you are willing to replace it yourself then unplug it and remove the top off the appliance.

Then you can remove the fascia, then remove the control and then you can replace the fascia panel.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you I will double with them I just want the dial

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you . You have been more than helpful. I have written the number on for now with a permanent marker I also painted over with a sealant so fingers crossed. Best regards.

Perfect, Cheers

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That should be 5 stars

I think you left it as 5 stars but then changed it to Bad service but that is not a problem.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Very happy with the outcome of my question Kevin was more than helpful would recommend this app to my friends

I will close this now, Thank you :)