KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Dishwasher at a house I manage: Kenwood KDW60X13, program

Customer Question

Dishwasher at a house I manage: Kenwood KDW60X13, program often but not always stops at 1:55 (this is on P2 which starts at 2:07 cycle time).
JA: Do you know the model of your Kenwood dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Yes KDW60X13
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Appliance is >5 years old. I have verified the fault. It is about 50/50 if it stops or finishes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have some appliance fixing skills (I'm a registered gas engineer). About a year ago I replaced the door switch/latch which was 100% the problem. This is different. Gut feeling as a non-specialist is that there is a perhaps a water level sensor which is no closing/opening reliably.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon,
You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.
I understand how frustrating that can be.
If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.
In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The house is one I get called in to do maintenance 'triage'. I'd love to know if this problem is something that is 'replace x', recommend complete replacement or clean 'y'.

This indicates either the drain is clogged or the water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check what is causing the leak.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers