Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a KWD 60S15 dishwasher. I took the filter basket out

Customer Question

Hi. I have a KWD 60S15 dishwasher. I took the filter basket out to clean and I must have put replaced it incorrectly and got a E 4 message. The machine won't work now and I'm not sure how to replace the filter correctly, or now, since I triggered theE4 error that it doesn't matter because I now have a bigger problem that may require a call out. Can you suggest my next course of action.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Kenwood 60 S 15. Six years perhaps.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned the filter, replaced it incorrectly. Triggered an E4 error message, Tried to replace the filter correctly, but couldn't, was given advice to call for service.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

E4 means that you have a leak. I think they took down more things that were needed. At the very bottom of the floor pan there is a float switch of choice for leaks so that a fault triggers. You have to give me the correct model number so that I can send you an instruction manual on how to correctly insert the filter again. In addition, you have to take out the device once and remove the excess water from the floor. If the device is pulled out and tilted forward 45 °, the excess water will flow out of the floor.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
KDW60S15 Serial number 1548 S/N 005776
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Here is an instruction manual that explains how to remove and reinsert the filter. You need to open page 28. If you have removed more than that, you have a problem. It will be very complicated to put it back together because you will need new gaskets.

https://manuall.co.uk/kenwood-kdw60s15-dishwasher/

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've now replace the filter (I didn't screw it in clockwise- other than that all is ok). If I had not tightened the filter, could that lead to and E4, or is that unlikely and it was just coincidental.?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How do I download the manual?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

You simply need to open this link to a web page. Then you will see this instruction manual as a PDF file.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Did you answer my question about whether and untightend filter can cause and E4 leak error. or should I be looking somewhere else.
With regards ***** ***** the water out, do you mean pull the machine out of the wall and tip the machine forward and simply let the wather spill all over the floor?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

It can't leak just because of a filter. It may be that they have moved something else from the spot.