Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

We have a montpellier dishwasher and the door has become

We have a montpellier dishwasher and the door has become stiff in opening and closing - not the catch, just the drop down mechanism (the hinge?) particularly towards the full extent of opening. Any ideas would be appreciated....we have cleaned the hinges as best we can. Many thanks, ***** ***** Jo
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Montpellier MDI 800 installed January 2017
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week, gradually getting worse. We have tried cleaning the visible parts of the hinge with kitchen cif.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Dishwasher cleaner is regularly used together with rinse aid and salt.....Dishwasher otherwise working fine. Door just getting stiffer. Thank-you.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and understand you have a problem with the door becoming stiff when opening and closing. I would not recommend you try to clean it and this hinges usually have grease to lubricate the movement giving them more of a flexibility. I would recommend you apply DW40 to the hinges and allow it to settle in, you may need to repeat the application a few times before see a improvement.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks Andrew, it’s better already!

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer with a Fixed Problem. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!