Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a de-longhi coffee machine which stopped working

Customer Question

I have a de-longhi coffee machine which stopped working today. 2.5 years old, all the lights are functioning as normal, makes the noise when you press the coffee button but no coffee comes out. I took out the sieve and cleaned it and no result. I ran a 'coffee' without the coffee and no water.
JA: Do you know the model of your Delonghi coffee maker?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: EC685.W
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats all. the coffee i use is the normal one so that's not the issue
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what do I do now?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello! It has been hours and I am still waiting for a call
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 18 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
82626
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
EC685.W
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok let’s continue online

Yes, whats the make and model?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok let’s continue online

Sure, whats the model details?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I write the model above
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello??

I am here, just looking in to this for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It keeps saying you are not available for a phone call… let’s continue through the chat

Ok, as advised, Im just looking into this for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (T127547)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Look

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you! I’ll be waiting to hear from you

Perfect.

I have investigated the information you have provided us today in your question and understand you are concerned your coffee machine is not working and making noises.

I would recommend that you should descale the unit once every two months and if you have not done one in the last two months, I would recommend to do so. Please see the information I have attached below that details the descaling process.

Fill the water chamber halfway with white vinegar, and then top it off with water. Set the carafe in place and start a brew cycle. Halfway through, turn off the coffee maker and let it sit for one hour. (If you descale your coffee machine regularly, you may be able to skip the rest period.)

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I descale my machine regularly. It flashes orange when it needs to be descaled. Last time I did it was 3 weeks ago. This is not the issue.
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

I would take the first approach of descale the unit and let me know of the outcome please?