Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I had a very expensive Haier fridge freezer delivered

I had a very expensive Haier fridge freezer delivered yesterday and today we looked at the ice maker and out black sludge and no sign of any ice. I don’t know what to do next.
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: it’s brand new. It is an HB26FSSAAA
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we only got it yesterday and waited the 24 hours the instructions said to waitbefore turning the ice maker on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the instruction book isn’t exactly clear and certainly doesn’tmention black sludge like thick oil coming from the ice maker

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and based on the information you have provided I have found that If your ice maker isn't producing ice at all or is producing crescents or cubes that are smaller than usual, it's typically indicative of a clog somewhere along the supply line. Cause: A common cause for a clog is frozen water in the line. Fix: To repair a frozen line, slide the refrigerator and unplug it.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that doesn’t really address the problem. This us anew fridge freezer and such a thing shouldn’t have happened at all

It sounds like the line has frozen for the freezer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t see why we should get the stuff which came out. It could be harmful for all I know

What came out sorry?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thick black sludge. It might have been a thick oil

I would recommend getting in contact with the seller to have it replaced, that is not normal