Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that has had the same fault

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that has had the same fault several times. and we would like it to be resolved permanently please.
JA: Do you know the model of your Whirlpool dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Trish Harewood Policy NoFBF0043679 Its ADP720 WH
JA: How long has this been going on with your Whirlpool dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have had the structure on the top tray replaced entirely but the rubber at the rear of the plastic framework keeps falling out and is a nuisance to put back into place. Not impossible. One doesn't notice until the washing comes out dirty.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know the name of this part unfortunately. It took a visit by an engineer before we had the replacement. He may have replaced the rubber without telling us particularly the first time but the 2nd time, as it still didn't seem to be heating the water enough to dissolve the tablet completely, he ordered the top section and it was ok for a while. But now keeps falling out.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you please let me know who provides you the Policy Number:FBF0043679?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Andrew,
I now have an engineer calling on Monday from Domestic & General as my husband was insistent on this and we are hoping to get a replacement machine - all because of what seems a very minor fault with huge repercussions. The rubber phlange at the back of the upper structure falls out repeatedly every few weeks and the result is dirty dishes and the tablet does not dissolve completely although the water seems pretty hot. This has been occurring over the last couple of years although we only realised the phlange was responsible after several engineers came and one explained it.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I didn't really want to even go down this route and I'm not willing to pay any more so no, I'd rather use my £5 on messaging if you don't mind. In fact, I will probably cancel before a next payment is due.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It would be interesting to know if you have heard of this problem before.

Thank you for letting me have the information, I would suggest the best option is for the technician to investigate the problem when he visits on Monday. What you can expect to happen on Monday is that the fault will be diagnosed and if its repairable then the engineer will arrange to repair the unit and if the fault is found to be no repairable, you will be given the option for a like for like replacement.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm not finished. I haven't received a reply to my question.

Can you share a photo of the problem you are describing?