KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a cookology mini dishwasher. Although power is going

I have a cookology mini dishwasher. Although power is going to it it's not switching on. It seems like the front control panel isn't working, the interior light comes on when I open it but I can't switch it on. I've checked the drain and it's clear
JA: What happened just before the light on your dishwasher came on?
Customer: I had just finished one load and was about to do another... so it was working this morning. Now the light comes on when I open the door but no bleep and none of the buttons on the front panel are working.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried checking the drain, like suggested in a previous query here, it's clear. I've switched
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It off and on again. The interior light works so power is getting to it.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

These issues are usually caused due to clogged drain pump and/or water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the power board.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is exactly what I did as advised on a previous reply .... this is the same reply word for word and I'd told you I'd done that!

I think this is the first time, I am assisting you.

If you have already done that and the dishwasher will not start then this indicates power board is faulty and will need replacement.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Cheers