KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Have got model F-4827 De Deitrich double oven. Had got

Hi Have got model F-4827 De Deitrich double oven. Had got halfway through pyro cleaning when had to switch off the cleaning. Have now got code Er2 symbol and am unable to undo the oven door, help please
JA: Is your De Dietrich oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric over 14/15 years ld o
JA: How long has this been going on with your De Dietrich oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started, when I switched off the pyrolytic cleaning programme.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well I very rarely use the top oven so can’t understand what has gone wrong. Have left it switched off overnight hoping it would work but have still

Good afternoon,

You have reached Justanswer UK, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

In the meantime, if you want to add something please feel free to add and I will read it while I am typing my response.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello Kevin, do hope you can help me sort this problem out. Mum due to move in a cold of weeks and certainly
don’t want to have to buy and new oven. Sorry I can’t speak I’m very hard of hearing! Thank

Yes, just typing the answer while checking the schematics.

Please allow few more minutes.

That phone call is automated, premium and option service, I am happy to help this way.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls however, I am happy to help via chat.

If someone else is available for calls, they will call you.

During pyro cleaning oven heats extensively to clean the appliance however, if this cycle is interrupted it may result in faulty spares sometimes.

You may try this to solve the issue:

You will have to unplug it and then use a screwdriver to open the oven door.

You can then pull the oven out by around 5 inches and then remove the screws from the top of the oven. You can then remove the top and rear cover off the appliance, then remove the latch to open the door.

If that won't help you will have to replace the door lock.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.