KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Bosch SGV46M030B/33 dish washer just buzzes when you press

Customer Question

Bosch SGV46M030B/33 dish washer just buzzes when you press the start button
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: no. Probably 8 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just did it now. nothing tried
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Buzzing seems to come from the base of the machine
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

The buzz indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You may unplug it and remove the plinth (base panel below the door) of the appliance.

You will see a white plastic cover and above the white plastic base tray there is a metal cover.

Remove this and then you can try and soak the water up from the base there.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Reconnect everything and plug it back, please let me know how it goes.

That should solve the problem however, if the issue is still there then I am afraid the aquastop valve and/or power board is faulty and will need replacement.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with Justanswer UK today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. The base panel below the door seems to be part of the door seal. I've removed 2 screws and there is a black square screw headed fixing in the centre of the panel. Nothing pulls off though.

I understand, please check this VIDEO to get an idea on how to clean it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Didn't realise that the panel to be removed is actually underneath the dishwasher. As the unit is built in, I'm obviously going to have to pull it out from the kitchen units. A bigger and longer job than I expected. Watch this space!

You can unplug it and pull it out as well.

With plinth removed open the door and towards the top on either sides you will see screws holding the appliance to worktop.

Remove the screws and then close the door, then you can pull it out.