Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Our fridge keeps beeping when we open the door We cannot

Customer Question

Our fridge keeps beeping when we open the door We cannot seem to turn it off
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: where would I find that on the fridge
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your refrigerator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ha ha 2 years or so We think we have had about 4 years My parents house
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We just want it to stop beeping
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
we have to press compartment button to stop it beeping
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My number is *****
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

If such an error happens, it may be that the temperature cannot be maintained. Can you even control the cooling whether it drops or not? Please also give me the exact model number so that I have an overview of which device you have so far. Most of the time you can fix these errors if you switch off the device for a longer period of time, clean it and then switch it on again and hold down the super freeze button for at least 5-10 seconds. Then the cooling would have to start or accelerate. The alarm should also be gone for the next 60-120 minutes.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
Kind regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would like to attach a video
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (GP14VS4)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where can I find model and make
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

They must have a nameplate either on the door frame or on the back of the unit.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no make or model I have looked !
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have you looked at the video please
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Yes, I have seen the video. This error is caused when the temperature drops. Or the door is open too long. But because your door is not open for a long time and still triggers this alarm, it is really possible that your temperature cannot be maintained. I wrote you the same thing in my first message.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
do you mean fast freeze ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
button
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there is no fast freeze
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Exactly right. If you keep the button pressed for a longer time, the cooling is accelerated. You must always check every half hour whether the problem is solved or not.

I saw in the video that they have a button with fast freeze.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
you must turn the freezer off first
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

I had written to you that it is advisable to switch off the unit for a longer period of time so that the coolant can flow down first. After a longer period of time, switch on again and use these buttons to speed up or start the cooling process. This way you create a complete reset of the system.

However, you can also test this button beforehand by holding it down and checking every half hour to 1 hour whether this error is rectified.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok I might try option 2 first. But shall I switch it off for a second too
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Yes, you can switch it off for 1 minute and then switch it on again.