Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My fridge freezer is only sporadically producing ice, and

Customer Question

Hi, my fridge freezer is only sporadically producing ice, and when it does there is not very much. I have tried dismantling and cleaning the ice maker but it hasn’t made any difference. Any suggestions? It’s a Samsung RSG5UCRS
JA: How long have you had your RSG5UCRS?
Customer: About 4 years. Has been fine in until about 4 months ago.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Cleaning it. Making sure it’s level and changing the water filter. The freezer temp is set at -22.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, is anyone receiving this?
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigation the information you have provided today and I have understood that your unit is having a hard time producing ice and when it does, only so much is available to dispense. If your ice maker isn't producing ice at all or is producing crescents or cubes that are smaller than usual, it's typically indicative of a clog somewhere along the supply line. Cause: A common cause for a clog is frozen water in the line. Fix: To repair a frozen line, slide the refrigerator and unplug it.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The ice cubes are normal size and shape, they just don’t get produced very often and when they do, there are only a few of them. Are you saying that a defrost will fix this?

I would recommend you take that approcuh first to rule it out.