KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have an AEG Santo fridge (EMY 20CLC) and it leaks water

Customer Question

Hello, we have an AEG Santo fridge (EMY 20CLC) and it leaks water on the floor. I have pulled it out and there is a reservoir behind the fridge but there doesn't seem to be any way of emptying it. Could you help please as it's rotting our new floor. Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Is your AEG fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward? How old is it?
Customer: It's level - it must be 6-7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ever since we had it. I've had people out and they have just wiggled the drain within the fridge. No better
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

This indicates an issue with the defrost drain tube.

If this tube is blocked or if it freezes the water will drip/leak.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 12-24 hours. Then plug it back and wait for another 4-8 hours.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again you will have to unplug it and then remove the rear off the appliance.

The tube is located under the evaporator on the drain pan in the compartment next to the compressor.

Thaw the drain tube, you may use hair dryer or pour warm water in the tube, and ensure it is not clogged/blocked.

Also, clean the drain pan to resolve the issue.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.