Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a CDA oven. The oven is not working. It happened

Customer Question

I have a CDA oven. The oven is not working. It happened after a power cut in the local area. So I checked manuals and believe everything is reset. We discovered that the grill is still working though so now think the power cut was coincidence. No clue at all. Help would be awesome.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric, approximately 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 8 weeks. Reset the oven
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 8 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information

I have investigated the information you have provided and I have come to the conclusion that the heating element may have developed a fault following the power cut. I would recommend you attempting to replace that which can be purchased online via a spares website or by contacting the manufacturer. The heating element is fairly straight forward to replace, however, if you are uncomfortable replacing it your self, you may consult a local technician who can change it on your behalf.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew