Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

May Caple wine cooler is 11 years old and it has become very

May Caple wine cooler is 11 years old and it has become very noisy. The noise is intermittent. Could this be fixed, or do I need to buy a new one?
JA: What's the brand and model of your wine cooler?
Customer: When I read the label on the cooler, it says 'Caple'. However there is no number on the device. When I look online it looks like a WI6135.
JA: How long has this been going on with your wine cooler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been noisy for about six months. I have tried striking it and that works for a few minutes only.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The LED lights are no longer visible.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Please can you describe the noise its making is it Grinding, Humming or Buzzing?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Humming

I have investigated the information you have provided and a noisy fridge is likely to be due to a fault with one of the electrical components, and more specifically the condenser fan motor. I would recommend you try some basic refrigerator/freezer maintenance involves the cleaning of the condenser coils on the back of the appliance. When the coils are covered in dust it will overwork itself trying to cool down the inside of the appliance, thus creating a loud noises.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew